Happy Birthday MB!!! I can't believe that you have been in our life for two years! You made us so happy when you joined our family and we love you to pieces. We have been celebrating your birthday almost all month, you get that honest because I have always enjoyed making my birthday as long as possible. May you always know how much you are loved and how special you are! Here is a recap of some of the celebrations. I will do another post soon with what you are up to these days. We love you!
Friends party -
My mom borrowed a bounce house from one of her friends and we knew it would be a hit with you since you love to JUMP sooooo much! You were so excited when you woke up to this in your back yard. You couldn't even wait to get dressed so you jumped in your pajamas with dada.
This was your pre-party meltdown when you wanted a cupcake and we told you that you had to wait on your party. This may be a glimpse into the "terrific" twos. Thank you for getting this out of your system because you had a blast at your party and didn't whine one time. In fact, I hardly saw you the entire party because you were in your element and excited to be around your favorite people. You totally worked the crowd like the little social butterfly that you are.
You are obsessed with school buses so I tried to incorporate those into the party. We are totally okay with you not being into princesses and those super girl things....yet. This was the sign I made for your first birthday and you will be seeing it for years to come.
You were not in the mood to take pictures but we were excited that we got several great shots of you before the party.
Gulping the pediasure to get your strength up for when your friends arrived.
Testing out the bounce house again before the party started.
Aunt queenkie fixed up this doll cradle that was made for her when she was born. I won't give away queenkie's age but it's been around a while and it is still in great shape. You love putting all of your babies to bed at night and then you cover the entire thing in a blanket to keep them warm.
Aunt Shanna made the cookies and they were a true labor of love, you especially loved the school buses. Publix made the cupcakes and they were not a labor of love but still tasty. In fact, they almost didn't make it to the party because Publix had the wrong date on our order form.
Snacks for the party. My favorite part was the coffee punch, your favorite part was the fruit, and dada's favorite parts were the pigs in a blanket and sausage balls, no surprises there.
These were the youngest of your buddies to attend. They weren't quite ready to bounce but they were little angels at the party, I don't think they made a peep.
You love your new sand and water table. I'm glad we made a last minute decision to hold off on adding the sand, that was one mess avoided. Winlon still had his cast on his arm so he had a make shift water shield so he could join in the fun.
Sam played hard with the big kids at the party and showed off some of his newest tricks. You were jealous and wanted Uncle Matt to throw you in the air too!
This picture starts the progression of the cupcakes. After you pitched such a fit before the party started, I was glad to see that you were still interested in eating them.
Waiting patiently while everyone was singing to you.
I was so stunned that you blew our your candle that I immediately cut off the camera. We hadn't practiced or even talked about blowing out a candle so I was shocked and very proud! You still talk about how you blew out the candle, I think you are proud as well.
The anticipation...
Almost there....
Licking the best part off the top.
Success! The piece hanging off your nose cracks me up!
Yummy!
Starting in on your second one. You wanted to try both the pink and yellow cupcakes.
Mimi was a good sport and jumped for a while.
Super nanny Cheryl had fun with you too.
This was your reaction to opening one of your presents later that afternoon. This is your classic surprised/shocked face. I love it.
Party Two with me and Dada -
Since dada had to go back to Charleston on your real birthday, we had a party a few days early. I let you pick out the candles and you wanted three instead of two. You blew these out like a true pro too. You also picked out the cake and were very excited about it.
Digging in. You loved the icing!
Maisie books! We already have read these numerous times! Yaga has some of these at her house and you LOVE them so we got you a few to keep at home.
Opening your first fishing pole. Dada is going to have fun teaching you how to fish, it's one of his favorite things to do.
Actual Birthday -
I decided to take today off work so I could take you to the Aquarium and spend the day with you. You were a little afraid of the huge tanks at first and you didn't like the idea of turning your back on the fish so I had a hard time trying to get you to look at the camera.
Soaking it all in.
Me and you admiring the large ocean tank. Thankfully I didn't have to hold you the entire time, baby brother is making that more difficult to do these days.
You absolutely loved the jelly fish! Those and the penguins may have been your favorite parts.
First pose with your back to one of the tanks.
Trying to pet a sting ray, you weren't quite tall enough to reach them.
We left the aquarium and had lunch with your buddy Lucy. She was excited to give you a birthday hug and enjoy some Felini's pizza with you.
After lunch we headed to the airport to welcome home our friend Chris. He has been in Spain for seven years doing campus ministry and we are so excited to have him back! You were a trooper at the airport and I never would have known that this was right in the middle of your nap time. You went right to sleep when we got home and now I am waiting on you to wake up. I think we will relax and play at home the rest of tonight. After all, tomorrow is cousin Sadie's birthday and we are headed to Moultrie to celebrate with her so we better rest as much as we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment