Sunday, June 19, 2011

To Dada, From Mary Beth

Dear dada, I am so thankful that you are my dada and I love you so much. You are my favorite person and so much fun. I especially want to thank you for....

thinking I was special from the very beginning,

bonding with me on my very first day in the world,

showing me how to nap the right way on the couch,

holding me so close to your heart,

giving me as much sugar as you can,

smiling even when I spit up all over you,

greeting me with a big grin ever time you see me,

carrying me all around until I was old enough to walk,


knowing how to make me laugh,

showing me some of the beautiful things in life,


playing silly games with me that you know I love,

having a sense of humor when I don't react the way you think I should,

snuggling with me when I am sick,

always being up for just one more time around the driveway,

teaching me not to be afraid,

hoisting me higher than I have ever been,

telling me how beautiful I am every day,

being there when I need your help,

protecting me when I am scared,

playing with me and making me laugh,

for having tea "pottys" with me whenever I ask.

and for spending as much time with me as you possibly can.

You are the absolute best daddy that a girl could ever ask for and I am so blessed that you are mine. Happy Father's Day!

Love, Mary Beth

3 comments:

  1. what a wonderful post and a wonderful daddy! thank you for loving precious mary beth the way you do. from, queenkie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! MB, you are a lucky little girl! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought tears to my eyes! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete