Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Six Months!

All smiles with the lamb

Bringing him in for a kiss and then when he least expects it....

slams him into the arm of the chair!

I feel like I say this all the time but it's true, time is going by too fast! Half of her first year has passed and I want it to slow down. Dan, don't you want to have a dozen more??? Ha!
Here are some of her feats this past month:

- Stats - 14 pounds even, she gained one pound in the past month; 26 and 1/4 inches long and her head is 17cm in diameter. This puts her in the 75th percentile for height and 25th percentile for weight. She's perfect!

- Some of her funniest moments this past month have been when she is asleep. She has started pulling the covers up over her face any time a light is turned on or if she hears a noise. She makes it very clear that she doesn't want her beauty sleep to be interrupted. It's hilarious. Also, when I wake her up in the morning to feed her before I start working, she gives me a dirty look like she was having the best dream ever and I ruined it. I can only imagine how fun it is going to be to wake her up when she is in school. I am receiving major payback for this one (sorry mom and dad for being so hard to wake up and sorry Dan for still being so hard to wake up)! Another funny thing is we often find her with her hands behind her head like she is laying out on a relaxing vacation. It cracks us up!

- The past month has been full of laughs and giggles with her. The best time for her to laugh is right before bath time. We aren't sure if it's the time of day or if she thinks it's funny that she's naked. Dan has been able to get the most laughs so far but I am working on it, not that we are competing or anything....ha!

- MB apparently has forgotten how to role over. Thanks goodness we have proof of it here, she has stopped completely. I'm not sure if she has stopped because she doesn't mind being on her stomach now or what but it's kind of strange.

- She still loves to stand up and she wants to do this all the time. We have tried to get her to sit on the ground so she can practice sitting up but she doesn't want any of that. She becomes stiff as a board and we can hardly fold her in half to get her to sit. It's pretty funny.

- We started feeding her rice cereal and she is enjoying it. Tonight we are starting sweet peas so hopefully we will have some good video footage to share. I am going to attempt to make her baby food so wish me luck!

- The volume has been turned up. She still has a soft voice at times but she is testing out her vocal cords and seems to get louder everyday. She has become and expert at blowing raspberries and it is quite cute.

- She is moving out of some of her three month clothes and is wearing some of the 3-6 month clothes. We have gotten great use out of her clothes since she is staying in the same size as her age.

- She still enjoys being on a schedule and is taking 3-4 naps a day. She is such a happy baby and we think that the naps help keep her that way!

- She has been teething for a while but no signs of teeth yet. That is just fine with us because her gummy smile is the best!


LOVE this girl!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the sleeping paragraph in this post...it sounds strangely familiar! I can just see her now! I can't believe I haven't held that sweet baby girl in so many months! I hope we can see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I stumbled across your blog while reading about Keight and Judah Dukes and discovered that your little girl is named Mary Beth (and so is mine!!) and she is the same age as my little girl, whose name is Molly Grace! She is adorable. Just thought I would comment because I thought the connections were too cool not too!

    ReplyDelete