Monday, February 27, 2012

Potty Talk


MB is officially potty trained! We started in July last year and she was so not into it. We waited a few months to try again and the trick was putting the potty in the living room. It was magic! After a month or so of public potty time, we transitioned to the bathroom and now she uses the regular toilet which is just awesome. She is very independent and will sneak off to go to the bathroom and likes to tell us later that she went. We have two stools in the bathroom so she can go to the bathroom and wash her hands without any help. It's amazing really. She has been using the potty consistently at home since November but we (I) have been afraid to go out in public with her in panties. I think I was mostly afraid of her going to the bathroom in the car seat. That thing is a beast to clean and I just wanted to avoid it. Mid-January we went for it and have visited tons of public restrooms since then. The potty chart was a big success since she loves stickers. She got one sticker for pee and two for poop plus a fruit snack which is like the highest prize you could give the child. We are still doing pull-ups during naps and at night but I hope to transition those out at some point but no hurry here. She has done so well and it is a relief that this phase of parenting is over!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so proud of her! We are still mostly in pull-ups at night...but, like you, thats fine by me! So proud of MB!!

    ReplyDelete