Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dedicated

We've been taking turns being sick around here so I haven't been able to keep up with the old blog. Here are a few pictures of Ben's dedication from January to tide you over. We had the dedication at the Saturday night service, we went to dinner at Jason's Deli and then had dessert at our place. We loved having family celebrate with us and I have to say, Ben thoroughly enjoyed being the center of attention for one night. It was such a great night with family. Thank you God for our precious son! It's good to know that we are not in this journey alone. We pray that Ben will grow up to be an amazing man who loves God and people with every fiber in his being.

I love this pictures of MB loving on Ben. We kept telling her it was Ben's special day and she was so excited for him.

MB getting in a quick bike ride before we headed out the door.

This was the only family photo we have with Ben in the christening gown. It was a few seconds before the service started and we didn't want to be snapping photos in front of the stage when the music started. Somehow that didn't seem appropriate. :-) They both did great during the dedication and Ben just smiled and chewed on the gown.


Having some quality time with grandaddy.

By the look on his face you can tell he doesn't know what to do with all of the attention.

Maw Maw was able to make the trip up.

Mimi and sweet Ben.

Since we all stayed up really late the night of the dedication, we decided to get some pictures of him in the family gown the next day. We tried to make him feel more manly with starting with his first pair of boxers that he wore under the gown.

He clearly was pleased with himself. MB's used to curl up her toes the same way!

Here he is in the family gown, he is so photogenic. Many of my family members, including myself, have all worn this gown so I really wanted Ben to wear it too because I am sentimental and lover of traditions. Ben, your dad did not want you to wear a dress and to his credit, put up a peaceful protest. Ultimately, he gave in to please his wife but I wanted to make a note of this in case you ever look back and wonder why in the world you were wearing a dress. I promise you though, many men have worn this same gown and they have turned out just fine. :-)

You managed to sneak in a thumbs down during your photo shoot so I guess we already know how you feel about the gown.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...he is the spitting image of MB in some of those pics! I haven't thought that until this post. What a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful children! That Ben is such a cutie! Love keeping up with ya'll...post of MB reading was too much! Loved it. Blessing over MB and Ben~God has great plans for them.

    ReplyDelete