Monday, May 9, 2011

A Little Redneck Fun

Dan is going to be out of town for most of this week so I am trying to plan a few outings with MB so we don't drive each other crazy being cooped up in the house. Today I decided that we were going to go feed the ducks some of our stale break and go to Wal-Mart to look at toys. This outing is a great one because we get to make good use of some old bread, play on the playground at the park and Wal-Mart and the park are across the street from each other. Not to mention both activities are free. Since MB loves animals, she was so excited to see the ducks and they were equally excited to see us and that huge bag of bread she was swinging around. As we were walking down the steps, MB kept saying Heeeeey Ducks! We never made it all the way down the stairs because they were all coming towards us. I was a little afraid.


The stampede begins and I am beginning to get a little nervous. MB was still having fun at this point, she has no fear.

Starting to notice how loud they were getting. She never noticed that one to the left of her which was super close the entire time.

She did great until this beast crossed under the rail into our territory and about about 12 inches from MB's face (they were practically the same size). These "ducks" were huge and MB kept calling the real ducks "babies". Those were her favorite. This guy looks like he means business, doesn't he? He kept giving us the evil eye but we didn't cave and give him bread until the very end.
She wanted to be picked up immediately once the beast entered her personal space and then she loved the rest of her time with them. She threw some bread out but only a few feet away so I was waiting to get nipped in the calf by one of the angry birds. It was worth it thought because she loved it!


We escaped to the playground in one piece but you can tell by the look on her face that she is wondering if we were really safe.


For those super germaphobic parents, please look away. I put some strawberries in the buggy to buy and after a few distractions of trying to find a fast line, I looked down to see this.


She was chomping down on the largest strawberry I have ever seen, no hands have been washed since the duck/playground experience, not to mention everything that she touched while we were in the store and the fruit had most certainly not been washed. Also, does it count as stealing if you start eating food before you pay for it? We were living life dangerously. :-)


I think even MB was becoming self conscious at this point. Oh well, I look at is as calories going in which is something we always encourage. Who cares about the germs and pesticides when you are enjoying the moment?

2 comments:

  1. I love this whole post. And Winlon has definitely done gross things at the grocery store before. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hysterical! If I saw a strawberry that big in the store I'd probably eat it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete