Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Part of an email from Dan...he made it safely!

Blurry screen, old french keyboard...bear with me. I landed ok and everything about my flights went well. I even made friends with a french man on my way to Bamako and he helped me get through immigration. Boy, I wish I knew french, this would be much easier. Johnny picked me up at airport and we stayed a night at a hostel/mission which was HOT. i couldn't really sleep but was able to get 2 hrs or so. Then this morning we got up early and took a bus to mopti which is on the river. we've arranged a boat for tomorrow around 2 and it should be an interesting ride. The boat is pretty rough and it's going to be a long 3 days/2 nights on the river. Were having a good time and the food has been pretty good but its a really poor country and there aren't many nice things. The hotel we're at now is nice though and we've met some really fun and interesting people. I have to get some sleep now since I haven't slept hardly at all since i saw you. the people are very nice and we're safe but just not knowing a lick of french makes it difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment