Sunday, June 23, 2013

Out of the Mouths of Babes (MB)

The girl is a trip.  So smart and super funny.  Here are a few of our favorite MB stories as of late.

MB:  Mommy, do you want to play Queen and King?
Me:  Oh yes, am I the Queen?
MB:  No, I'm the Queen and daddy is the King.
Me:  Oh, does that mean that I'm the princess and Ben is the prince?
MB:  No, you are Sprinkles the cat who gets in trouble for playing up on the roof of the castle.  Ben is the puppy dog who get in touble with you.
(I now know where I stand in this family.  I have sense been promoted up to princess and have seen a few moments of queen time so that is progress people.)

MB:  Mommy, there are two gods.
Me:  Actually, there is only one true God.
MB:  No, there are TWO gods.
Me:  Okay, what are their names?
MB:  God and daddy.
Me:  Seriously?  That is not okay!
(We are working on her theology, sheesh!)

MB while making a prayer box at VBS craft time:  I'm going to put Ben's name in here because he is a rascal!

Me:  Mary Beth, it's time to calm down and get ready for bed.
MB:  (While galloping wide open in a circle around her room)  But Mommy, my horsie needs a lot of exercise.

MB while in a men's public restroom with Dan:  It smells like a donkey in here.

MB is helping me deal with Ben as he has jumped into the terrible twos with both feet! I often hear her saying the following things:  Ben, I am not going to put up with this today. Ben, let’s have some quiet time. Ben, no sir! Ben, you are not acting very good. Ben, I am in charge of you. Ben, you are driving me crazy today.  (Poor guy gets an earful.)

MB saying the prayer at supper:  God, thank you for making all this food.  Thank you for my baby brother.  He is so cute!   He really loves blueberries.  Thank you for making blueberries.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet!! I need to start writing down what Elizabeth says. It will probably sound a lot like Mary Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...It smells like a donkey in here is my FAVE!

    ReplyDelete