Friday, March 1, 2013

First Haircut

I put it off as long as I could...the dreaded first haircut.  I loved his sweet curls but I had to make a decision when he started sweeping his hair back with his hand because his hair was always in his face.  He was constantly slicking his hair back so I caved. 

BEFORE PICS:

Sweet mohawk.  This was at the end of him slicking his hair back.

No one should have this kind of bang problem.

Oh my, this was the hardest part to let go of.  He would go to bed with a headfull of fresh curls and wake up with a matted mess.

Trouble.

Thinking about his first haircut.


Feeling better after we promised he would still be the cutest thing around.


DURING:
We went to Pigtails and Crewcuts and loved it!  They were great with kids and Ben didn't shed a tear.

Getting suited up.  He chose the yellow taxi.

Not sure what to think but the other kids seemed to be doing okay.

Can I trust these snacks?

The snacks were a total hit.

The length in the back before she started trimming away.

MB biting her lip while waiting for the final results.

He thought she was crazy!

How could you do this to me?  Oh well, at least they gave me snacks.

My snack cup is almost empty.  Make haste!

They gave me this measly car instead.

Seriously, my cup is getting low.

Bye bye mohawk.

The duster was as big as his head.

Not the clippers, anything but the clippers!!!

Big sister had her second haircut!  She got a tiny trim and enjoyed the experience.  Her first haircut was on her third birthday.

It's getting long.  She wants it to grow all the way to the ground.

The blowout.

AFTER PICS:
Looking so grown up.

We celebrated with ice cream, a family favorite.

Back just a few hours later and looking so different!

He seems much happier about his situation.

Mom, it's about time!  What were you even worried about?

Saddest part of the whole experience.  Miss those curls.





But honestly, how could you not love his new "do"?  He is so stinking handsome!

1 comment: