So, I have mentioned that we moved this summer and have a new place to call home. Y'all, we absolutely love it! The people who lived here before us were moving to their farm so they already had a furnished house and were not planning to move everything. This worked out so well for us as our square footage almost doubled and we didn't want to have to buy a bunch of furniture right away. We were able to pick and choose the items that they were planning to sell and work some of them into the price of the house. It was perfect! Neither one of us had to move the furniture and bam, we had a dining room set, leather couch, big screen TV and a hot tub plus a few other goodies! The dining room was a little too formal for me (I'm more of a rustic farm table kind of girl) and it wasn't something that I would have picked out but it was too good of a deal to pass up and I thought I could change the look by swapping out the fabric. I really think it helped give the room a more casual feel. This project was done on day four of moving into our house. I was afraid to attempt this alone so I rushed to do it while we had family in town helping us get settled (I'm so thankful!). So, hear is a peak into phase one of the makeover. I feel so grown up having a real dining room. It's a first for us!
| The before. The fabric had a shine to it and said way too fancy for this messy family. |
| The table/chairs before they were dressed down. We also got the buffet from them. They hold some of my plates from Mexico so nicely! |
| The old chair practically begging for its makeover. Such a great improvement! |
| I love the new fabric! It took some serious concentration to make sure that each chair had the same pattern on it. |
| They are all newly dressed and tucked under for safety from sticky fingers and goldfish paste. |

love the fabric choice! what an awesome deal to luck out on furniture with the house!
ReplyDelete