I am a super sentimental person (almost to a fault) and I love thoughtful gifts. My Maw Maw gave MB and Ben the most special gifts for Christmas that we will treasure for a long time. She recorded her voice reading Frosty the Snowman and Twas The Night Before Christmas. I had never heard of the recordable books before (the benefits of having a DVR and never watching commercials) and could not get over how cool these books are. I cried hearing her sweet voice read to my kids. It took her three days to record them and she said that she lost sleep over them. I'm so glad she stuck with it. They are awesome!!!
As if that wasn't enough to get the tears going, she made two amazing afghans for them and they are absolutely beautiful! I like to imagine these being worked on during Braves games as she is a big fan. :-) I made sure to get some pictures of them with the books and the blankets and we will love these gifts for years to come. She also made scarves for the all the ladies but I didn't end up with a picture on my camera of all of us together. So sweet!
Frosty was up first!

my mother in law recorded Twas the Night Before Christmas for my son last Christmas. And she passed away this October. It was a sweet and emotional night for us reading it together. I will treasure it always. Unfortunately my oldest erased the last page because he pushed the button a few times. So be careful that the button is protected when reading it.
ReplyDelete