Thursday, February 17, 2011

When the cat's away...

I spent a week in December and all of last week working in my firm's office in DC (my old stomping grounds). As a result, MB had the great pleasure of going to south Georgia to visit the Saunders side of the family! My mom is great about sending us daily emails from MB's perspective on life and lots of videos and pictures. Here are a few of my favorites with some of the emails that we received. I work really long hours when I am there so I always look forward to hearing what MB has been up to without us. I hate to say it but she doesn't seem to miss us too much.

From December:


I look sweet today sitting in my chair holding my new friend, Bear. I found it in my room and like it a lot. I am wondering if I can sneak it in my bag and bring it home with me.

It looks like Maga is letting me smoke cigars last night but they are really fat pretzels with candy on the end. Yum, Yum!

Maga got upset with me awhile ago. She had just downloaded these pictures and was writing a note to y'all, when I found an interesting blue button on the computer. I had to push it! How was I to know it would turn off the computer and she would have to start all over again???



I finally got someone brave enough to ride the horse!






Boy, Mom and Dad, this was fun. Maga let me help her bake cookies. I was pretty good at rolling and great at sprinkling. I was busy choosing the right cookie cutter and even found a couple to wear as bracelets! We baked the cookies and they were good. (I hope Sadie doesn't mind that I wore her apron. Mine is at home!)
I am having fun!


From last week:




Last night was so much fun. Maga and granddaddy had a super bowl party...just the 3 of us! Maga put out some dips and chips and boy were they good. They didn't want me to try the one with the salsa but I loved the onion dip. I ate lots of dip and even a few chips.



Today was great! After breakfast Maga thought she would try and paint my toenails. I was mesmerized and let her do it. I am trying to get used to how they look. I could hardly enjoy my bath for looking at them. Every time I see my feet I just stare. I am hoping you will think they are pretty!

Oh Mary Beth, you are such a joy and I'm glad that all four of your grandparents adore you and are always willing to pitch in and take care of you when your parents are pulled away for work (and sometimes some fun)! I love your pink toes and had to paint mine the same color as soon as I saw how cute yours were. You ooh and ahh ever time you see them. So fun! Thanks to Maga (my mom) for being a guest blogger even though I didn't ask for her permission. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment