Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thirteen Months!

One of the purposes for this blog is to capture all that MB has been up to so we can enjoy looking back on some of her milestones. I also reference this blog when I update her baby book because I am months behind on that sucker! Here are a few updates for our future reference, feel free to skip to the pictures. The little lady is so busy these days!

- She finally took her first step on 7/15/10. Dan was mowing the grass so he sadly missed it (thankfully she stepped for him the next day) but my friend Ivy was there to serve as a witness to this great feat. We were so excited for MB and she was soooo proud of herself. She has taken up to four steps at a time but definitely still prefers to crawl. We think she is a bit of a perfectionist because she gets really frustrated when she falls while we are watching. She often will stand up in the middle of the room and try to take a few steps when we are not looking to get some practice in. She has been cruising around furniture for a while and standing up in the middle of the room without pulling up on anything so we were waiting for this day. I have a feeling that she will be walking all over the place in a few weeks. We have a video that I will hopefully post soon.
- I spent my first night away from Mary Beth this past month. She stayed with Dan's parents and we ventured all the way to downtown Atlanta for the night. Dan and I were both sick with a fever and cold but still managed to have a great time. We went to Dante's for fondue which was fun and were in our pajamas by 9:00. I am heading to DC for work tomorrow and will be away from Dan and MB for three days. Although I am looking forward to seeing all of my coworkers, I am going to miss them like crazy.
- MB has four teeth and two additional upper teeth are on their way in. She is starting to chew her food better and we are working on getting her to bite things.
- She is a good eater and eats pretty much everything. She really likes meat, blueberries, pancakes, biscuits and spaghetti.
- We took her to the doctor and she weighs 17 pounds, 1 ounce and is 29 and 1/4 inches tall. She is in the 3rd percentile in weight and 50th percentile in height. Her head percentile is 75th!
- When she turned one, she stopped drinking formula cold turkey and went straight to soy milk. She also started drinking all of her milk out of a sippy cup without any problems. She is so independent and is always ready for the next phase in growing up. It makes me a little sad that she is growing up so fast but I am thrilled to be finished with the formula and the bottles!
- The pediatrician told us to slowly start mixing in regular milk with soy milk and she has done really well. I think in the next week or so we should be able to have her drinking 100% cow milk. We are so excited that she is no longer allergic to dairy but we are still being really careful with how much dairy she is eating. This is an answer to prayer!
- MB is a little (or a lot) bit sassy. She tries to get into pretty much everything that she shouldn't and she doesn't want to be told no. When I am trying to discipline her, she starts shaking her finger at me like I am the one in trouble. The first time she did it, I was in such disbelief that I started cracking up. The cuteness didn't last for long and now it really gets me fired up when she starts mocking me! Oh my, I'm afraid we have a pistol on our hands!
- The girl has got rhythm. She is a good dancer and that definitely came from the Milam side of the family.
- MB can imitate pretty much anything. She loves to try and imitate different faces that we make and she thinks its hilarious too. She is easily entertained!
- Around the time that she turned one, she started saying a few words. Banana was her first word besides mama and dada. She also says uh-oh, bye-bye, night night and mooooo. She repeats please and thank you but hasn't said those words on her own yet. She can repeat I love you, amen and hi too. I can't wait to hear all that she has to say and what's been going on in that little (or should I say large) head of hers. :-)
- Some favorite activities have been swinging, riding in her wagon, pushing her walking toy around, being thrown up in the air, swimming and trying to turn on and off the ceiling fan.
- Each week seems to get more and more fun! We love you Mary Beth!


Enjoying her first Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-a and her first kid's meal! It is so strange to be able to order off of a menu for her.


Lucy was precious as usual, I loved her monogrammed cow bow.


Say what??? This was her expression when she caught site of the CFA larger than life cows walking around. She was terrified and I ended up holding her for most of the lunch. Looks like we don't have to worry about going to Disney World any time soon.


Still trying to get over the trauma of meeting the cow face to face. Yes, I dressed up too, with Leigh's help, and we all enjoyed our free meal.


We have taken so many laps around our driveway in the wagon and it is one of our favorite things to do after supper.


Faster, faster!


Lap 562

She loves having her very own swing that we can use rain or shine!

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady! THanks for your comments on my blog! =o) I'm not really a "blogger" - more of a picture-poster. It's a fun way to keep our extended families updated. And then I just lurk on other people's blogs for my rest of the time online. =o)
    I LOVE MB's cow outfit! And I'm sooo incredibly jealous that yall are switching over to cow's milk. This formula stuff stinks! (literally, both the smell and when it hits the pocket book!)

    ReplyDelete