Sunday, December 6, 2009

Five Months

Last week Mary Beth turned five months old! It was a great month and the biggest thing that happened is that I returned to work. It actually hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I dreaded it for months and it hasn't really been a big deal. We hired a super sweet lady that watches Mary Beth while I work and I went part-time so I get to spend the afternoons with her. Cheryl (our nanny) is really enjoying MB and I have felt very comfortable with her being in our house which is something I was really worried about. Going back to work has slowed down the blog posts so I am trying to get caught up for the past few weeks.

We put MB on some medicine for her spitup this past month and we think it really helped. She is still spitting up but it's not nearly as much as it has been. We can't imagine what it will be like when she finally quits, we just hope it's before she enters fifth grade! I took MB to the doctor for a weight check and she is now a whopping 13 pounds! We were very excited. She has gained exactly five pounds since she was born and is still in the 25th percentile. She moved from a size one diaper to a size two diaper last week so she is definitely growing. We are enjoying our little girl more than ever and love all of her gummy smiles and fun giggles. She likes to stand up (with our help of course), be held up in the air and to sit on the kitchen counter in her bumbo seat. Each day Dan and I talk about how being parents is even better than we thought it would be and how much fun we are having. She is pure entertainment, we can't imagine what she will be like when she can talk to us. We are enjoying every little accomplishment and she loves it when we cheer for her. Every day she seems to become more and more of a daddy's girl and I have to say that watching Dan with her is one of my favorite things to do. What a joy this baby girl is, we love her so much! Here are a few picture that capture what we have been up to the past month. We are looking forward to time with family over the next few weeks and hope to catch up with everyone soon.


This was clearly taken before the Tech/UGA game, the after picture wouldn't have been so smiley!


Mary Beth is scared for her life, cousin Sadie loved having her so close.

This is how she really felt.


Who is your stylist?



Riding on the back of the truck for the first time, yeah!


Helping grandaddy find the perfect tree.


Four generations having a good time on Thanksgiving.

So thankful for this sweet face.


Dressed up for church


So fun!

2 comments:

  1. so sweet!! she is just precious...even precious-er than before. ha! i love the headbands. totally adorable. ....now when are you going to have another video of your dad talking???

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!! i love your blog background! i need to steal it! what did they put her on for the spit ups? did she have reflux or something?

    ReplyDelete