Monday, December 14, 2009
Coupon High
I am a bargain shopper. I love the satisfaction of finding a great item on sale and the money it saves which is why I am surprised that I am just now becoming interested in coupons. I have collected a few coupons here and there but I never remeber to use them before they expire and I cannot get organized enough to even know what I have. So, I am starting to get interested in the hobby of "couponing" which is something I heard about for the first time a month or so ago. Randomly, one of my best buddies has started getting interested in this too and is a few steps ahead of me. She recommended the Southern Savers blog and it is awesome! You can click on your local grocery store and it will list all of the items that are on sale that week and they link in additional coupons that you can use for the items already on sale! I spent about an hour yesterday going through all of the items for Publix, printing coupons and making my grocery list and I saved $42 (37%) on my first trip!!! It took me a while to do my shopping because it was such a new experience for me but I think with a little practice I will be whipping around the store with my coupons in hand saving tons of money along the way. I feel so dumb to have never taken advantage of them before so I thought I would share in case there are others out there who enjoy the thrill of a good bargain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! Way to go! Maybe I need to start going to publix...its 20 min. away though! I'm glad to be referenced in the blog!
ReplyDeleteI sooooo want to be a couponer...I use them every trip, but not to their full potential!! Definitely share any tips you learn...especially on organizing them!
ReplyDeleteyes! i definitely want to know a good way to organize them!
ReplyDelete