We have been busy celebrating around here. Since Ben and I have birthdays two days apart, we really get to celebrate together. He actually crashes my birthday but that's okay, it's way more fun to celebrate him anyway. I used to celebrate my birthday for the month of August so I probably
have celebrated enough to cover me for a good long while. We had a small family party at our house and it was just right. We grilled out (even through the down pour) and ate plenty of cake. I learned my lesson from last year's cake fiasco and went with a standard cake from the Ingles bakery. It was perfect!
Ben, you are a wild man and we couldn't love you any more. I will do a separate post about all that you are up to these days but just in case I don't get around to that, know that you are so fun and that you are great at keeping us on our toes! We love you!
Here is the birthday in pictures. We didn't take any pictures on my birthday but I did get the special treat of going to IHOP for chocolate chip pancakes while my family was still in town. So good!
 |
| Traditional family photo in front of the birthday banner. |
 |
| The kids with their grandparents and G. |
 |
| They really do love each other. |
 |
| I had a hard time catching up with him to get a picture. He was so busy and loved all of the attention! |
 |
| Ben
LOVED his cake. We made the mistake of showing it to him before the
party started and he nearly drove us crazy wanting to look at it, touch
it, drool over it, etc. I almost caved and let him tear into it before
we ate supper. |
 |
| Please, just let me touch it! |
 |
| Pure joy that it was cake time! |
 |
| He clapped and cheered while we sang. |
 |
| He was great at blowing out the candles too. You just never know. I love how mimi was blowing too to provide some moral support. |
 |
| Trying out his new lawn mover, that thing was a hit! |
 |
| BUBBLES, BUBBLES, BUBBLES! |
 |
| Pondering his life as a two year old on the morning of his real birthday. |
 |
| More cake and more blowing out candles. |
 |
| And even more clapping. He had a great time celebrating! |
No comments:
Post a Comment