It's official! We are moving to Cartersville in two weeks. Crazy! Just when we didn't think we were going to find a house and were going to have to rent, we found one that we love! We saw it on the Friday night before Memorial Day, put an offer on it bright and early the next morning before we drove to Hilton Head for a mini vacation and we close a week from Wednesday. We looked at over 30 houses in both Cobb county and Cartersville. The house had been on the market for one day before we went to see it and we jumped on it. I had been stalking the listings for months and I knew everything that was on the market in all of Cobb and Bartow county so I was excited when this one popped up at the last minute. We were a little nervous about putting an offer in after we had only been in the house a short time but we needed to get the show on the road and we really loved it. Dan's commute will be cut in half and we will be in the same town as mimi, papa and all of Dan's extended family and we are looking forward to that. The downside is that we are 26 miles further from my family and hometown and a little bit further from our Atlanta friends. We can't wait to get to our new (for me and the kids) town and get settled in. We are so very thankful for how things are falling into place.
Life is hectic and crazy but I have lots of other posts to get caught up
on besides moving. Many thanks to my awesome parents and sis for
driving up to help us pack. My stress level would be over the top
frantically high if it were not for them. They put a huge dent in the
packing and we are so thankful!
We will definitely miss our current house. We have so many memories here and we will always love this house as it was our first and where our babies were born and got their start. We are a little sad to let it go but know that it is time to move on.
 |
| No turning back now! :-) |
 |
| Home sweet home. This picture was swiped from the listing so it isn't very clear. It's in a great neighborhood and we are super close to the pool which will be fun. |
 |
| I spy a swing set. This and the tree house is what sealed the deal for MB. We didn't have child care for all of our house searches and this night we had the kids with us when we looked at four houses. This one definitely was their favorite too. |
Betsy! I am so excited for y'all but of course sad for us that you are going farther away. The new home looks gorgeous and I know you'll love having family close.
ReplyDeleteOh my, you are so close! I just found your blog from my sister's links. We will have to meet and have a play date! Welcome to the neighborhood. You will love living in Cartersville. I know I have loved this little town. Ask Joanna for my email, and we can make plans to meet up. Emma (Tatum) J
ReplyDelete