Our house is under contract! We can hardly believe it and are so excited. This has been a long road for us. We had our house on the market for eight months in 2010, six months in 2011 and seven weeks in 2012. That is a whole lot of cleaning up and hiding toys people! I am still amazed at the people that would give 10 minutes notice or even better, just show up saying that they thought the home was vacant even though there clearly is furniture in the house in our photos. I would love to have been a fly on the wall to see what I looked like in full speed clean up mode. I would calmly ask them to give me five minute since I have small children in my house, close the door and the races were on! It's exhausting and I have promised to give people a days notice when I am out looking.
I had to take some sanity breaks from having my house for sale over the past two years and we are thrilled that it finally has happened. Now we just have to hope that it closes when it is supposed to in the end of June. We had nine showings since we put it on the market this year and most people told us the same thing, they loved the house but not that we were on a busy road. We had one person come back twice to see the house and they asked to see our property disclosure and asked tons of questions about our house so that was by far the most interest we have had in the past three years. Out of the blue, we received an offer a week and a half ago. To our surprise, it was not from those people and it was from someone who had looked at our house early on in the process. They never came back to see it more than once and they never asked for our property disclosure. It was a low offer so we decided to contact the people who had shown a lot of interest and they decided to make an offer too. We could hardly believe we went from zero to two offers in the matter of a few hours, so fun! The stressful part is that all of this happened while we were leaving for our 5th anniversary trip to Niagara Falls two weekends ago. We received the second offer right before we were about to board our flight and they wanted an answer just a few hours later! We asked them for an extension since we would have barely landed by the time they wanted a response. It was a crazy weekend (another post for that) but we are happy to be on our way to another house. Now we just have to find another house, pack up all our stuff and be out of here in two months! No small feat for us! Dan remembers fondly of the days where everything he owned consisted of a few suitcases of clothes and a guitar. My how things have changed!
Monday, April 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

CONGRATS BETS!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME LOOK IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. THERE ARE SOME CUTE HOUSES FOR SALE. IT WILL BE PERFECT. I'M SO EXCITED I CAN ONLY TYPE IN ALL CAPS, CAN YOU TELL?!?
ReplyDeleteHow much fun would we have living in the same neighborhood? We LOVE your hood but the commute is rough for Dan which is one reason why we are moving. It's not completely out of the question though! Miss you!
Deleteindianapolis is lovely in the spring time....
ReplyDeleteGeorgia is just as lovely in the summer. Oh wait, we should definitely move to Indy! It would be a dream to be neighbors.
DeleteCongrats!! I can only imagine how hard the "clean up" process with two munchkins was... you are Superwoman!
ReplyDeleteCan't imagine how hard it was to have the house on the market with two kiddos! So happy for you that it has sold! Good luck with all of the packing!
ReplyDelete