Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Cheer - Light Em Up

We have been wanting to start some Christmas traditions with our kids and this is going to be one that stays with us for years. This site is created by a friend of a friend of ours and I really love the idea of having a tangible way to teach our kids that giving is better than receiving. It can be easy for kids (and their parents too) to get wrapped up in toys and what they want. This website makes it so easy by having a list of practical ideas of ways to serve others and then tags that you can even print out to attach to your gift. When MB and Ben are older, I want to have one planned every day and have that be our countdown to Christmas. This year we are just doing the best we can and some days we may give out several gifts and then we may skip several days. I'm still doing good to be showered before Dan gets home from work people! :-)


Cookies for the firemen down the street.


I don't have a color printer so I added some holly to spruce up the tag from the Lil Light O Mine website.

MB was so excited to take the cookies into the fire station. She got super shy as soon as the fireman came to the door but she did hand them over and has been talking about "that man" nonstop since Wednesday.


MB and I have given some of these out to Phil our pest control man, the chick-fil-a drive through man and the nice lady at the post office. They were all tickled pink and MB is enjoying handing them out. I am keeping them in my car so it will be easy to pass them out. Our future stops will be our friends at Publix, our pediatrician's office and then the lovely folks at our YMCA. We can't wait!!! I hope you find this project as fun as we have!

2 comments:

  1. Art/Katie passed this to me. So proud of you for doing this and doing such a GREAT job. That's a wonderful thought for next year - tips for people that don't have color printers. Well done! Your kiddos are precious. I know y'all are lighting up so many lives. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so glad you shared this! LOVE it Betsy!!

    ReplyDelete