Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Name and a Nursery

It's hard to believe I only have two weeks left but we are ready for the little fella. Speaking of, we have a name! His name is Benjamin Frank and we are going to call him Ben. We had a tough time deciding on a name this go around but we absolutely love it! Both names are family names but Frank is extra special. Dan is the 5th generation to have Frank as part of his name (there were a few Franklins that we are counting) so Ben will be the 6th. We have known for years that if we had a son, Frank would be part of his name. Frank also was my Paw Paw's name and I absolutely adored him. He was a mighty fine man and I am thrilled to have a son named after him. We also have other wonderful relatives that are named Frank. Ben will have a great heritage of men that share his name and we are so excited to meet him.

The nursery is finally finished too. A few weeks ago, I had a major nesting moment and we rearranged all of our bedrooms in one night. Dan has been such a trooper! My office moved into our room, MB's crib, changing table, glider and chest moved into the new nursery/guest room and MB has a new bed, the chest that Dan built earlier this year and a new chair. All in all, everything has turned out great and I am thrilled to be finished with it. We hung the last picture this past Sunday. Nothing like the last minute!
Most of you will find this boring but only a few family members have been able to see it and I have been receiving requests for pictures. With that said, here is the final room...

View from the door. I painted the painting on the far left years ago and the ben one I painted as soon as we picked a name. I used a freezer paper stencil to paint on fabric and then wrapped that around a canvas. The boat painting was a Goodwill purchase and a bargain at $5!

Up close view of the crib. It's so funny to see it with boy bedding instead of pink.

Another view in the room. The lamb is taking a rest and gearing up for a new baby to pose with.

The changing table area. I used painters tape to paint these two and it was pretty easy. If you see the paintings up close, you can see all of the flaws and where the paint ran under the tape. That bothers me a little but all in all I like the way it looks.

The "guest" part of the nursery. I have a feeling I may be spending some time in that bed too so Dan can get a little shut eye every now and then. I changed the quilt out and other than that, most everything is the same.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this betsy! you crafted that mother out!!! so cute and i adore his name. cant wait to see the little man himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bets! The nursery looks GREAT!! I'm going to have you over when it's time for me to do the boys' room! Can't believe little Ben is almost here! So so so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Ben will be sleeping (hopefully) in style! You did a great job - and I definitely agree an adult bed in the nursery will be a life saver every now and then. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER CUTE!!! I love the paintings and am so jealous you have a nursery with a bed in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nursery and love the name!

    ReplyDelete