Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sixteen and Seventeen Months

I would apologize for going so long between posts but I would have to do that every time I did a blog entry so I am going to jump into it. We have been busy, busy, busy and don't see that changing between now and the end of the year. Happy Thanksgiving and see you again in January! :-)

- Mary Beth is finally gaining some weight and we couldn't be more excited. We still cheer with every bite and celebrate any ounces gained. When we went to her 15 month appointment, she hadn't gained any weight since her one year and she fell off the chart. We have been seeing a specialist and she has been drinking two Ensure Plus drinks a day. She finally hit 20 pounds and I am proud to report she is back on the chart! We are still keeping a close eye on things but hope we will only have a few more appointments with the specialist. They pretty much told us that she should be eating everything that we shouldn't including tons of butter, oil and fried things. If she was only old enough to know what a gift she has been given, she would be scarfing down all the funnel cakes, fried chicken and ice cream she could get her hands on!
- Baby Einstein has become a new obsession around here. She didn't really like TV until the last two months and she is all about some BE, especially the farm animals episode. She actually will sit still for most of it except for during the square dance when she gets up and shakes her tail feathers. She likes to say the sounds that all the animals make and she has gotten really quick at this. Before we can hardly say the word cow she is mooing like crazy. It's pretty funny and it's our go to trick when we are around folks we haven't seen in a while.
- MB has been trying out her climbing skills. She especially likes stairs but she hasn't had much practice with them since we don't have any in our house (thank goodness). She tries to do chin-ups on the stove door and can almost climb up on our bed which is pretty high off the ground. I was a climber so she gets this honestly.
- The dramatics are pretty high around here. My personal favorite tantrum is the slow motion one where she slowly flings herself to the ground to avoid actually hurting herself. I have tried to catch it on video but she is way too smart for that.
- Reading books is one of her favorite things to do these days, especially anything to do with animals and peek-a-boo pages. She also really likes a bi-lingual book that has tons of objects in both Spanish and English.
- She it talking more and more and we are starting to be able to understand her more which is helping with some of the frustration.
- MB is a total daddy's girl. I am coming to terms with it but she says dada in the sweetest most angelic voice you have ever heard and when I tell her no, she runs to him while pointing at me and giving me the dirtiest look. When she says mama, it is because she is unhappy, hurt or wants something really bad. I am learning my place around here! It melts Dan's heart though so that makes is all worth it. He is so in love!
- She is still sleeping like a champ and normally sleeps until at least 9am. She was sleeping until almost 10am before the time changes. It is awesome and we are enjoying this while we can.
- MB is wearing size 12 months clothes and size 3 shoe. I think she will be moving out of these sizes quickly since the weight gain is finally happening.
- We were looking through a Target toy magazine and MB went crazy over this FurReal cat. She still goes back to that page, brings us the magazine and points to it over and over saying Meow, meow. She loves that thing and we have bought it for her for Christmas. We can't wait to see if she will like the real thing as much as she loves the picture.
- Our friend Lisa Butler (Cherry Berry Studio) took photos of us with Santa a few weeks ago and the pictures turned out pretty funny. MB screamed bloody murder when we handed her off to the big man in the red suit so I will be sure to share those pictures when I have them. I am pretty sure one of them will end up on our Christmas card.
- We have had a chance to visit with some very special people lately so I wanted to share some photos of what we have been up to.

Our friends Camila and Sean just had their second son, Henry Speight. We were excited to go see them in the hospital, Speight is soooo handsome. This is MB with big brother Winlon and we got so tickled at how they acted like it was an awkward first date.


Then the Tatum Tot came to visit! It has been a year since we last saw Luke and it was so fun to play with him. His parents are some of our most favorite people and we wish they would move back to Georgia. I stole these photos from Merran as I didn't take a single picture. I have no idea what I was thinking. In this photo MB was warming up to Luke riding her toys. She wasn't real sure about him at first.



Maybe putting on some of my jewels will boost my confidence.


Harmonious duet. They were so cute together.

This past weekend we make a quick trip to South GA and spent some time with one of Mary Beth's biggest fans, cousin Sadie. Sadie was kind enough to invite her to her school's fall festival and we had to go. She told her teacher that she was bringing Mary Bess from Lalanta to the party. I think she loves MB just a little bit, don't you?


Come with me and let's play.


Enjoying the tiniest cupcakes I have ever seen.


My pictures are not in the right order but I don't know how to move them around. Oh well, this is when we were leaving the zoo and a picture of MB's first M&M. I'm not sure why I decided blue would be the best one to go first.

We went to the zoo for Halloween with our buddies the Doyals and the petting zoo was a hit!

She was so brave and wanted to pet all of the animals. She was a cat if you can't tell. Little did mimi know when she bought the costume that MB would love cats as much as she does!


The girls posing with the giraffe. We love this family and Lucy was such a cute bee!


Trying to take a quick picture before they were off in separate directions.

Something was really funny.


Shocked that she made it to the top of the rock.


A picture of the not so glamorous side of being a mom. I had to collect six stool samples and they all had to be stored in different temperatures. The good news is that the test results came back great so it was worth it in the end!

Does life get any better than being kicked back in your recliner in your pajamas, watching Baby Einstein while chugging your ensure? I think not!

1 comment:

  1. love this update! It is so neat to read about how similar and how different MG and MB are! She is absolutely a doll! MG loves BE too. It's the only thing she will sit through the whole DVD. I'll have to get her the farm animals DVD, she has been watching the first sounds dvd and loooves it. I can't believe that she is just now 20 pounds! She's tiny! I have some size 3 and 4 shoes if you want them....MG is already in a 5! She has her mama'a big feet! Also, thank you so much for your sweet comment. I hope that one day we can get the girls together!

    ReplyDelete