So, it was 9pm on Wednesday night and we were planting pansies in the flower bed while it was raining. Then, 10pm on Thursday night we were changing the door knobs and cleaning out the fire place! This can only mean one thing and no it’s not spring cleaning….we are putting our house up for sale! Crazy, I know! Everything is happening really fast and in about one weeks time, we went from casually thinking about moving to pressure washing our house and cleaning out closets! Whew, I am tired just thinking about it. Our realtor came over last week to give us a few suggestions and she said that we are ready to put it on the market. What??? We thought we would have time to think about things and leisurely get everything ready. Oh well, we are trying to put it on the market before the first time home owners credit expires at the end of April.
For those that know me (which is hopefully everyone reading this blog), you know that I am a habitual mover. I move a lot and Dan has made me promise that I will not keep this up the rest of our life. For memories sake, I’m including my moves since 1997 when I first stepped foot on Georgia Tech’s campus. Twenty moves in thirteen years. Thanks to everyone who has ever carried some of my stuff from one place to another and to my family for arranging furniture and hanging pictures and artwork more times than they can imagine. Do you have a few more in you? We will slow down one day, I promise.
Harrison Dorm
Hopkins Dorm
Moultrie for the summer
8th St Apartments
Phi Mu house for the summer
8th St Apartments
Phi Mu house for the summer
Mexico
Tiff’s Apartment (I can’t remember the name of it)
CCF House for the summer
Collier Ridge Apartments
Washington DC to intern for the summer
CCF House
The loft in the Hale’s house for the summer
Capitol Hill in DC
Silver Spring
Pentagon City - The Potomac
Pentagon City - The Ashley
Atlanta AMLI Apartments
5816 Spalding - Current House
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

that makes me sweat just reading that moving list! we are putting our house up ASAP too. we should have had it up last month be we are so lazy! its amzing how crappy your house looks when you starting seeing it through the eyes of strangers. i choose to be motivated by you as i was about couponing! onward!
ReplyDeletewell, it looks like all 3 saunders children will be buying a new house in 2010! unbelievable!!! poor mom and dad. i hope we don't exhaust them. y'all have made your home so cute. i can't wait to see what you will do with the next place. i will save my painting clothes and everything else you can possibly use. i'm excited! cs
ReplyDeleteWhere are you planning to move to? Good luck!
ReplyDelete- Jen Crews Davis
I don't think college should count! Sometimes I moved every semester... that's different.
ReplyDeleteoh good luck! very exciting! we are doing the same thing right now! a little bit challenging with a little one, but it can be done!
ReplyDeleteNOOO!!! Are you planning to move farther away from us? :(
ReplyDeleteSeriously though I'm not surprised your house was ready to sell. You guys keep such a beautiful home! I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling it. I can't wait to see your next one!