
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Back to the grind
The time that I have dreaded for weeks has come. I start working again next Monday and have mixed emotions about it. The good news is that we found a sweet lady who is going to come to our house to take care of Mary Beth and I am going to go part time and work 30 hours a week (7am-1pm everyday). I'm excited that things are working out and I will be able to spend my afternoons with the little one and have her at home while I am working so I can peek in and see her cute face when I am missing her. We found our nanny through a posting I put up at a local Methodist church and she is very sweet. We are doing a trial run today and tomorrow so I can take her through a morning in the life of MB and show her the ropes. I'm not thrilled about handing her the ropes for a few hours every day but I'm sure it will be fine. I have thoroughly enjoyed being at home during these first few months and will always be thankful for having that time to spend with my little girl. I will post her four month update sometime later today after we get her stats from the doctor. Here is a recent picture that I love. She is so much fun!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

that is so freaking adorable. i LOVE it!!!
ReplyDeleteOh Betsy, I know how you feel! You can do it! It will be hard, but it does get a little better every day. I started back 4 days ago - i miss her like crazy but we are both doing better every day. I think the anticipation/fear about going back was worse than the actual event. The things that have helped me the most are...1) having eveything ready the night before - bottles, outfits for both of us, lunch, pump, etc 2) getting up early enough to get ready before I get her up so that we have some good play/snuggle time in the morning. I'll be thinking about you!!!
ReplyDeleteLacey